Launched Customs Officers Concours/Douanes Cameroon. How to Become a Customs officer in Cameroon? Newly Launched Customs Concours in Cameroon.
Custom Concours in Cameroon is usually very competitive. This is because a Cameroonian citizen who wishes to be a customs officer in Cameroon has to sit for, write, and pass this exam.
Customs officers in Cameroon
Customs officers in Cameroon regulate and stop the influx of illegal or banned goods from entering or leaving the country. These officers also collect taxes and impose customs duties where applicable. Customs officers are usually stationed at seaports and airports.
This article how to become a customs officer in Cameroon and the requirements of the newly launched customs Concours.
How to Become a Customs officer in Cameroon?
To be a customs officer in Cameroon, one must do the following:
- Compile or assemble the complete application files
- Deposit the complete files or dossier at a chosen university.
- Sit for and pass the customs competitive exam (Concours).
1. Compile or Assemble the Complete Application Files
- An individual information sheet duly filled by the candidate to be downloaded online.
- 4 color passport size photographs with the names of the candidate at the back.
- A certified true copy of the birth certificate of fewer than 6 months.
- A certified true copy of the required certificate for the national examination.
- A medical certificate attesting that the person concerned is fit to study medicine.
- A Baccalaureate or GCE A-Level transcript.
- A Probatoire or GCE O-Level transcript.
- The receipt of payment of twenty thousand (20,000) FCFA as registration fees for the examination.
- Two duly stamped self-addressed envelopes.
2. Deposit the complete files or dossier at a chosen university
3. Sit for and pass the Customs competitive exam (Concours)
Requirements For the Customs Exam or Concours in Cameroon (Eligibility Criteria)
- Eligible candidates for the entrance into the first year shall be aged forty-five (45) years at most as of 1 January of the year of the examination.
- Admission into the Customs corps of Cameroon shall be open to Cameroonians of both sexes and shall be written in one session.
- Bilingualism is a plus as this shall be tested. French and English sections are part of the written exam.
Required Qualities of a Good Custom Officer
- Be vigilant and pay attention to detail, especially at national borders.
- Be a team player
- Have great communication skills
Newly Launched Customs Concours in Cameroon 2021
A direct link to the communique launching the Customs Concours, which enables you to become a customs officer in Cameroon, will be provided here once the document is released.
There is no fixed interval for the launching of Concours for prospective customs officers. Like any competitive exam, Recently, Concours are only launched when required.
How to Prepare and Pass the Customs Concours or Exam in Cameroon?
- Read about the duties or functions of Customs officers
- Read on the importance of the customs sector in Cameroon.
- Attend preparatory classes in Cameroon for customs Concours to improve your knowledge.
- Refrain from thinking you must pass the Customs competitive exam by fraudulent means or using a backdoor, e.g., through bribery.
Suggested: Customs Duty For Cars imported into Cameroon