In order to make or obtain a National ID card in Cameroon, the citizen must present his or herself at an identification station At the identification station or booth, the citizen or applicant is required to pay the sum of 2800 Francs CFA as required by the regulations in force and some documents
At the identification station or booth, the citizen or applicant must pay the sum of 2800 Francs CFA as required by the regulations in force. In addition to this amount, he or she must provide the following documents as follows:
Documents Required to Apply for a National ID in Case of a first request.
- An exact certified copy of the birth certificate
- A certificate of nationality signed by the Head of the Court of First Instance
- A copy of the marriage certificate for men and women, issued by an administrative or municipal authority;
- A document that shows proof of the profession filed by the applicant, where applicable;
Documents Required to Apply for a National ID In Case of Loss, Damage, or TheftThe user must submit the following documents:
- An attestation of loss declaration (Loss Document)
- A legible photocopy of the lost ID card;
- Certified copy of the birth certificate;
- Certificate of nationality signed by a President or Head of the Court of First Instance. This is required if the lost card was derived from the old system of enrollment.
Documents Required to get a National ID in case of an expired one.The Cameroonian citizen must provide:
- The expired National Identity Card for verification purposes
- Certificate of nationality signed by a President or Head of the Court of First Instance if the lost card was derived from the old enrollment system.
- A copy of the marriage certificate, where applicable
- A proof of the profession of the applicant;
- A Certified photocopy of a birth certificate of the applicant;
- Certificate of nationality signed by a Notable of a Court of First Instance. This is required if the expired card was made from the old system of enrollment.
What Happens after applying for a New Cameroonian National ID Card?
After applying or requesting for a National Identity Card,
- a temporary identity receipt is issued to the citizen. It should be remembered that the possession of a temporary identity document constitutes a valid identity paper.
- The validity of the temporary identity title is three (3) months, renewable once. In no case can a duplicate of the National Identity Card be issued.
- The user holding a provisional identity card (also called a receipt), must preserve it carefully because the National Identity Card is withdrawn against the latter's return in the identification station where the applicant dropped his file.
Who to Contact in case of problems associated with Cameroon National ID Cards
- Check or Track the Issue or production of your Cameroon National ID Card here.
- Learn about the rules or laws associated with ID Cards.