In this article, We are going to show you how to configure your Smartphone, Modem or Computer to browse with Mtn Cameroon's 4G Internet Network. Mtn Cameroon is one of Cameroon's major mobile cellular networks and boosts up to about 8 million subscribers according to its official site.
Firstly, we begin with:
A. Pre-requisites:1. A 4G capable Smartphone or
2. A 4G capable internet modem or MiFi
3. A preactivated Mtn 4G Data SIM
B. How to configure the APN for Mtn Cameroon 4G Internet :
i. For Smartphones:First,
- Tap on Settings
- Select More as illustrated
- Click on Access Point Name or Network Settings depending on your brand.
- Tap on the 3 dots usually on the left to create a configuration file.
- Fill in MTN as the account name.
- Next, fill the APN as internet or mtnwap. (we prefer 'internet' as APN as this is the new recommendation from Mtn Cameroon)
- Tap on the 3 dots to save your profile. You are done
ii. For Routers / Modems on PC/ ComputerThere are many modems/ routers used in Cameroon. However, Huawei Modems account for more than 80 %. We will show you how to configure a Huawei router using a computer as an example. You can still access these settings via the Huawei Mobile App.
1. Open your prefered browser.
2. Access the address: 192.168.8.1 or 192.168.1.1
3. Tap on Connection Settings and enter your username and Password
4. Click on Profile management
5. Next Click on New Profile
6. Put MTN in Profile name field
7. Put internet in APN field
8. Leave username, password and DNS fields blank
Check also all MTN Cameroon shortcodes
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Show some love and like our Facebook page for more. Leave your comments or questions in the comment section.