Configure your modem, smartphone and Computer for faster browsing speeds on Yoomee Cameroon's 4G Internet
In this article, I am going to show you how to configure your Smartphone or Computer to browse with Yoomee.
Firstly, we begin with:
A. Pre-requisites:1. A 4G capable Smartphone or
2. A 4G capable internet modem or MIFI
3. A preactivated Yoomee 4G Data SIM
B. How to configure Yoomee 4G Internet Cameroon:
i. For Android Smartphones:There are some variations, but this is the standard below.
- Tap on the Settings icon
- Next, select More
- Tap on Access Points or Network Settings
- Create a configuration file by tapping on the 3 dots usually on the left.
- Fill in Yoomee as the account name
- Next, fill the APN as yoomee
- Lastly, tap on the 3 dots to save the profile.
ii. For Routers / Modems on PC/ ComputerThere are many different types of modems/ routers used in Cameroon. However, Huawei Modems account for greater than 85 %. So in this tutorial, we are going to show you how to configure a Huawei router or MIFI using a computer (Windows PC or Mac)
1. Open your prefered browser ( Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Edge)
2. Go the address: 192.168.8.1 (or 192.168.1.1 on some models)
3. Click on Connection Settings and enter your username and Password
4. Click on Profile management
5. Next Click on New Profile
6. Put Yoomee in Profile name field
7. Put yoomee in APN field
8. Select Save
8. Done, Enjoy!
Interested in Yoomee Cameroon's Updated Data Plans? Here's the LINK
Any questions or comments? Leave them in the comment section below!